- National Highway Authority (NHA) raises toll tax rates for Lahore-Islamabad Motorway (M2).
- Revised rates effective from August 25, 2023.
- New Gujranwala Motorway Link Project enhances connectivity and economic prospects.
The toll tax rates for the Lahore-Islamabad Motorway (M2) have once again been increased by the National Highway Authority (NHA). The revised rates, effective from August 25, 2023, to August 26, 2024, are as follows:
-Car/Jeep/Pickup: Rs. 3.07 per kilometer, totaling Rs. 1,100
– Wagon: Rs. 5.15 per kilometer, totaling Rs. 1,840
– Coaster: Rs. 7.22 per kilometer, totaling Rs. 2,590
– Coach: Rs. 10.29 per kilometer, totaling Rs. 3,690
– Truck: Rs. 13.39 per kilometer, totaling Rs. 4,800
– Trailer: Rs. 17.22 per kilometer, totaling Rs. 6,170
Gujranwala Motorway Link Project Aims to Enhance Connectivity
The Gujranwala Motorway Link Project has recently commenced construction, with an investment of Rs. 11 billion. This initiative aims to connect the city to the motorway, benefiting its 600,000 residents. The project encompasses the construction of a 58.1-kilometer-long road, incorporating two flyovers and connecting Gujranwala to an interchange near Mooramanabad.
Fayyaz Aslam, Deputy Commissioner of Gujranwala, assured that the motorway would remain operational during the construction period. The project, anticipated to conclude within 90 days, is a significant development for Gujranwala, offering enhanced accessibility to other parts of the country and catalyzing economic growth in the region.